Vegan Masala Potato lettuce wraps with Coconut Cilantro Chutney
This is one of those under 30-minute meals, under 300 calories, and tastes so darn delicious ! You got to try to experience the deliciousness.
– a Lettuce head, washed, cleaned, and dried
– For Masala Potato
* 6 Medium Potatoes, cleaned and washed
* 2 tbsp oil
* 1/2 tsp Cumin seeds
* 1/2 tsp Mustard seeds
* 1/2 tsp Sesame seeds
* 1/2 tsp Turmeric
* Few curry leave, optional
* a handful of freshly chopped cilantro
* 1 Green chili chopped or Jalapeno (optional but high recommended. If can’t handle the heat then use 1/2 tsp black pepper instead)
* Salt to taste
Boil the potatoes in an instant pot or pressure cooker. 6 Medium potatoes boil within 12 minutes without releasing the steam. Peel the skin and cut them into small pieces.
Heat the oil in a large skillet or a wok. Add mustard and cumin seeds. Once they start to change color or pop, bring the heat down to low. Now add sesame seeds, green chili, curry leaves, turmeric, and salt while stirring continuously. Quickly add the boiled potatoes and mix them gently. Turn off the heat and garnish it with fresh cilantro.
– For Coconut Cilantro chutney
* 1/2 cup fresh or frozen grated Coconut
* a handful of cilantro
* 1/4 inch grated ginger, optional
* a squeeze of Lemon or lime juice
* 1/4 tsp Cumin seeds
* 2 tbsp water, add a tablespoon more if it’s too thick
* Salt and pepper to taste
Blend all the ingredients in the blender or a food processor until a smooth consistency.
Follow me on Instagram @summikitchen20