If the earth had one large table where we all can come together to share our food, then we could learn so much regardless of our differences. Food is the language of love that brings people together. Since I can’t do that, I would love to share my crepe recipe with you. I believe that relationships bonded on food flourish better than those bonded on other terms 😂😂.
*Do not use media or content without permission.
A little story behind this recipe. My Ammi(Mother) made these Cardamom-infused crepes at least once a month for my Dad. He loved having these crepes for Dinner rather than breakfast or brunch. The rest of my family including me and my mother didn’t care much about sweet crepes so she would always pair them with savory crepes. I’ll be sharing a savory crepe recipe very soon.
I remember seeing my Ammi whipping up this recipe in no time without measuring any ingredients and the crepes would come out perfect. The entire house smelled like Cardamom whenever she made these crepes. Though I didn’t care much about it, I cherish the memories attached to it. I have recently developed a love for sweet crepes and my kids love them. So, here I am making my mother’s recipe for crepes.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups milk
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground Cardamom
- 1 tbsp melted butter or ghee, extra for cooking
- 2 tbsp sugar
- pinch of salt
- In a large prep bowl, combine all the ingredients and whisk it until no flour lumps are left and well combined. You may blend all the ingredients in a blender.Grease a medium nonstick skillet with butter and heat over medium-high heat. Pour 1/3 cup of batter in the center of the hot skillet and swirl to spread the batter evenly.
- Cook until batter on top becomes firm or about 30 seconds. Flip and cook for about 10 seconds on another side. Repeat the steps for the rest of the batter.
- Serve it with Blueberry-Orange whip cream.
Blueberry-Orange Whipping Cream
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp powder sugar
- 1/4 tsp orange zest
- 1/2 tsp orange juice
- 1/4 cup roughly chopped blueberries
- In a stand mixer, whip cream, sugar, vanilla extract, orange juice, and orange zest until it becomes stiff.
- Fold blueberries gently into the whipped cream.