One of my childhood favorites is Ammi’s pan-fried fish smothered in Indian spices. Spicy, tangy and perfectly crispy fish that goes so well with Roti(Indian flat bread), Chawal(Rice), or Kadhi Khichdi 😋.
This recipe is cooked using Chili Garlic Chutney.
- 2 whole Tilapia, cleaned and guys removed (I got 4 cleaned whole tilapia from @costco )
- 2 to 3 tbsp ginger-garlic paste
- 2 tbsp coriander powder
- 1 tbsp cumin powder
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp Chili Garlic Chutney
- 1/2 tsp Kashmiri Chili
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup oil
- Salt to taste
- Combine all the spices, ginger-garlic paste, lemon juice, and oil in a small bowl.
- Rub the spice mix evenly on both fish and inside the guts. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours or preferably overnight before cooking for the best taste.
- Grease a cast iron pan or a baking pan with some oil. Place the marinated fish. Bake at 425 F for 20 to 25 minutes then broil for 4 minutes.
- Serve it hot with a generous squeeze of lemon juice on top with Chili Garlic & green chutney, and Rice.
I love hearingd from you. Leave me a comment or drop in a message if you have tried my recipe, have any questions or have inquiries about my content. Thank you for stopping by!