Looking for an easy meatless meal idea? Try this ”Paneer Masala” with basmati rice 🤤. You won’t be disappointed with this lush and creamy vegetarian curry.
- 1, 12oz Paneer block, chopped into cubes
- 1 bell pepper, chopped into cubes
- 1 package butter chicken spices (It is vegan and vegetarian friendly)
- 4 large tomatoes
- 2 tbsp plain or Greek yogurt
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 cup heavy cream, 2 tbsp more for garnishing if you like
- A squeeze of lemon juice
- A handful of cilantro, chopped
- Marinade the paneer cube with an entire package of Shan Butter chicken masala, Greek yogurt, lemon juice.
- In a saucepan, take enough water to cover the tomatoes. Boil the water on high heat and add tomatoes. Let the tomatoes cook until the skin starts to peel, probably about 5 to 8 minutes.
- Transfer the boiled tomatoes into a cold water bath and peel the skin off. Puree the tomatoes in a blender until smooth.
- In a wok or a large skillet, heat olive oil on medium heat. Add the bell peppers and cook them until the skin starts to wilt. Remove the peppers from the pan and set them aside.
- In the same oil, add marinated paneer. Sautè and cook for about a minute or two until the paneer softens. While stirring continuously.
- Now add pureed tomatoes, peppers, and heavy cream. Bring the heat down to low and let it cook for 15 minutes or until gravy thickens up.
- Garnish it with heavy cream and cilantro.
- Serve it hot with plain Basmati rice or Naan.