Tomato Salad with Cumin and Lime
Tomatoes marinated with cumin, lime, cilantro, and chili pepper makes a great refreshing salad or a side dish for summer.
- 3 large ripe vine tomatoes , or 10-15oz cherry tomatoes
- 1 lime juiced
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin , preferably freshly ground in mortar & pestle
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper , preferably freshly ground
- ½ teaspoon Kashmiri red chili powder , optional
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro , more for garnish
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- ½ teaspoon Himalayan salt , or to taste
In a mixing bowl whisk together ground cumin, olive oil, lime juice, Kashmiri chili powder, black pepper, and salt.
Set the dressing aside.
Prepare Tomato Salad
Wash the tomatoes thoroughly under running water and dry them. Slice them into ¼-inch circles or your desired cut and size.
Place the sliced tomatoes on a platter. Drizzle the whisked dressing on sliced tomatoes. Let the dressing soak for a minute.
Serve immediately or cover, then refrigerate for up to 30 minutes before serving.
Serving: 4g | Calories: 39kcal | Carbohydrates: 6.5g | Protein: 1.5g | Fat: 1.5g | Saturated Fat: 0.2g | Sodium: 446mg | Potassium: 347mg | Fiber: 1.8g | Sugar: 3.8g | Calcium: 19mg