Baked Fish Masala
Whole Fish marinated in aromatic Indian spices and baked until tender and flaky. This recipe makes a great meal for seafood lovers. Moderately spicy and packed with wonderful exotic flavors.
- 2 whole tilapia , gutted, scaled, and trimmed on both sides
- 2 tablespoons garlic Paste
- 1 tablespoon ginger Paste
- 2 tablespoons coriander powder
- 1 ½ teaspoons cumin powder
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 ½ teaspoons Kashmiri Chili powder , 2 teaspoons for spicy or less for mild
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- 4 tablespoons oil
- 1 teaspoon Salt to taste, or to taste
Combine all the spices, ginger-garlic paste, lemon juice, and oil in a medium prep bowl and set it aside.
Score the whole Tilapia diagonally. Wash it under running water to remove any impurity. Pat dry completely with a paper towel.
Rub the marinade evenly on each fish and inside the guts. Cover and refrigerate for at least 15 minutes. For best results, marinade the fish for at least 2 to 24 hours.
Grease a cast iron pan or a baking sheet with some oil. Place the marinated fish. Bake at 425 F for 20 to 25 minutes then broil for 3-4 minutes.
Serve it hot with a generous squeeze of lemon juice, Rice and Chutney on the side.
- This recipe is for whole Tilapia weighing between 1 to 1 ½ pounds.
Calories: 359kcal | Carbohydrates: 3.9g | Protein: 45.8g | Fat: 18g | Saturated Fat: 3.3g | Cholesterol: 112mg | Sodium: 132mg | Potassium: 779mg | Fiber: 0.9g | Sugar: 0.5g | Calcium: 44mg | Iron: 2mg