Smashed Potato Chaat
- 12-15 small potatoes, washed & cleaned
- 1 Tbsp Olive oil to drizzle
- 1 tsp McCormick steak seasoning(It is Vegan and Vegetarian friendly)
- 1/4 cup diced onion
- 1/4 cup diced tomato
- 1/2 cup Plain yogurt or vegan yogurt, whisk it until smooth in texture
- 1/4 cup Cilantro Mint Chutney
- 3 tbsp Date-tamarind Chutney
- 2 to 3 tbsp Sev or any other gluten-free crumbs of chips
- A handful of freshly chopped Cilantro
Preheat the oven to 450˚F.
Boil the potatoes in an instant pot with salt. Small potato cook within 8 minutes in an instant pot on high-pressure cook setting. If using a pot to boil the potatoes, it can take up to 25 to 30 minutes for small size potatoes. Prick them with a fork to check if they are soft from inside. Cook for an extra 4 to 5 minutes if it still feels hard. Drain the water out and pat dry the potatoes. Line the baking sheet with parchment paper. Line the potatoes 2 inches apart on a sheet.
With the help of a glass gently flatten the potatoes from top without breaking.
Drizzle the tops with olive oil and sprinkle the seasoning. Bake at 450˚F for 15 min. Flip each potato and drizzle them with olive oil. Bake another 15 min or until the skin is golden and crispy. Take the potatoes out of the oven and let it cool down for at least 15 to 20 minutes before drizzling yogurt, chutney, and other toppings.
Follow me on Instagram @Summi_kitchen