Life is good when Potatoes are part of the meal. This Masala Potatoes with Green Beans makes a great Lunch or Dinner any day. Potatoes cooked in Indian spices is one of my favorite meals.
Masala Potatoes & Green Beans Ingredients
Masala potatoes with Green beans is such a simple yet very flavorful dish. If you are fan of Potatoes and Green beans like me then you will surely adore this recipe. A few simple ingredients and you are all set for this delicious recipe.
- Mini Potatoes- I love using new potatoes for this recipe. New mini potatoes give that natural sweetness to compliment the Indian spices.
- Green Beans- I have used fresh green beans but frozen or precooked beans are perfectly fine as well.
- Ginger-Garlic paste- I like using Ginger-Garlic paste because it creates a spice paste to cover the veggies as well. You can make Ginger-garlic paste from fresh ginger and garlic or purchase it from a regular grocery store.
- Curry leaves- Curry leaves gives this recipe a beautiful aroma. It is completely up to you whether to use them or substitute them with other herbs. You do you! I think cilantro, parsley, green garlic, sage or basil would work just fine.
- Red Kashmiri Chili powder- Kashmiri Chili powder is easily available at any Indian grocery store. I have tried different Paprika to substitute for red chili powder and I find Hungarian Smoked or Sweet Paprika to be the best substitute for Kashmiri chili powder for a non-spicy version. So, If you find that chili powder isn’t for you then try using red Smoked or Sweet paprika. It works wonders as well. Although, I prefer Kashmiri chili powder over any other substitution for an authentic taste.
- Turmeric powder
- Cumin-Coriander powder
- Cumin seeds
- Mustard seeds
- Crushed Green Chili
- Lemon Juice
If this sounds like a recipe you would like to try then you might like to see my other Indian Potato recipe as well. Check out my Rai Wale Aloo-Masala Potato recipe. Hope you enjoy them!
Masala Potatoes with Green Beans
- 10 to 12 Mini Potatoes washed and cleaned
- ½ pound Green beans trimmed, snapped in half, and boiled until tender
- 2 teaspoons Ginger-Garlic paste
- 3 Tablespoons Oil
- Couple Curry leaves
- 2 teaspoons Red Kashmiri Chili powder
- ½ teaspoon Turmeric powder
- 2 teaspoons Cumin-Coriander powder
- Salt to taste
- ½ teaspoon Cumin seeds
- ½ teaspoon Mustard seeds
- ¼ teaspoon Green Chili Paste , Optional
- A squeeze of Lemon Juice
- Wash and Clean the Potatoes. Wash Green beans and trim tip and top. Boil Green beans for 5 minutes in boiling water with a pinch of Salt.
- Boil baby potatoes in boiling water for about 10 minutes or until they are fork tender.
- Heat oil in a large Wok or a heavy bottom pan on high heat. Add Cumin and Mustard seeds. Once they start to pop, reduce the heat between low to medium.
- Add curry leaves, ginger garlic paste, chili paste, and all the other dry spices. Cook it while stirring continuously until raw ginger-garlic smell fades. It takes only a few seconds so stick around :).
- Add boiled potatoes and green beans. Mix until the masala is coated evenly on the potatoes and green beans.
- Take the pan off of the stovetop. Squeeze some lemon juice on top. Toss it well.
- Serve it immediately as a meal with Indian Roti or a side dish.
- Total Fat 12.2g 16%
- Saturated Fat 1.4g 7%, Cholesterol 0mg 0%, Sodium 59mg 3%
- Total Carbohydrate 59.8g 22%, Dietary Fiber 9.4g 34%
- Total Sugars 6.7g
- Protein 7.5g
- Calcium 100mg 8%
- Iron 4mg 24%
- Potassium 1758mg 37%
Tried this Recipe? Tag me on Instagram @feastwithsafiya #feastwithsafiya