If the earth had one large table where we all can come together to share our food, then we could learn so much regardless of our differences. Food is the language of love that brings people together. Since I can't do that, I would love to share my Cardamom Crepes recipe with you. I believe that relationships bonded on food flourish better than those bonded on other terms ;).
A little story behind this recipe. My Ammi(Mother) made these Cardamom-infused crepes at least once a month for my Dad. He loved having these crepes for Dinner rather than breakfast or brunch. The rest of my family including me and my mother didn't care much about sweet crepes so she would always pair them with savory crepes. I’ll be sharing a savory crepe recipe very soon.
I remember seeing my Ammi whipping up this recipe in no time without measuring any ingredients and the crepes would come out perfect. The entire house smelled like Cardamom whenever she made these crepes. Though I didn't care much about Crepes back then, I cherish the memories attached to them. I have recently developed a love for sweet crepes and my kids love them. So, here I am making my mother's recipe for crepes.
- Ingredients for Cardamom Infused Crepes
- Pan for making Crepes
- Cardamom Infused Crepes Recipe
- Nylon Khaman Recipe | Gujarati Khaman
- Tomato Salad with Cumin and Lime
- Indian Chickpea Salad | Kala Chana Chaat
- Sheer Khurma Recipe | Eid Seviya
- Jalebi Recipe | Instant Crispy Jalebi Recipe
- Fish Tagine with Chermoula Sauce
Ingredients for Cardamom Infused Crepes
For Cardamom Infused Crepes
- All-Purpose Flour- I like using good quality All-Purpose flour for Crepes. Bob's RedMill All-Purpose Flour has become my favorite for the past few years(This isn't sponsored). You may go for any of your favorite brands.
- Freshly ground Cardamom- Always grind the Cardamom seed from pods for the best taste and aroma.
- Butter or Ghee- I like to alternate between Ghee and Butter. I like the taste of Crepes with Ghee but my family doesn't care much. Use whatever you have on hand.
- Sugar-Organic Cane Sugar from Costco is my favorite.
For Blueberry-Orange Filling
- Heavy Whipping Cream
- Vanilla extract
- Powdered Sugar
- Orange Zest
- Orange Juice
If you like the sound of Indian Crepes, you might enjoy my other Indian recipes as well.
- Bharela Marcha-Stuffed Mini Peppers
- Masala Potatoes-Rai Wale Aloo
- Butter Chicken Lasagna
- Mutton Biryani
- Chicken Biryani
Pan for making Crepes
You don't need any special pan for making crepes. A regular Non-Stick pan should work perfectly fine to create some beautifully delicious Crepes. I use Farberware Non-Stick Pan to make Crepes and they turn out wonderful!
Cardamom Infused Crepes Recipe
- 1 cup All-purpose flour
- 2 cups Milk
- 2 Eggs
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground Cardamom
- 1 Tablespoon melted Butter or Ghee extra for cooking
- 2 tablespoon sugar
- a pinch of salt
For Blueberry-Orange Filling
- 1 cup Heavy Whipping Cream
- ¼ teaspoon Vanilla extract
- 1 Tablespoon Powdered Sugar
- ¼ teaspoon Orange Zest
- ½ teaspoon Orange Juice
- ¼ cup roughly chopped Blueberries
- In a large prep bowl, combine all the ingredients and whisk it until no flour lumps are left and well combined. You may blend all the ingredients in a blender.
- Grease a medium nonstick skillet with butter and heat over medium-high heat. Pour ⅓ cup of batter in the center of the hot skillet and swirl to spread the batter evenly. Cook until batter on top becomes firm or about 30 seconds. Flip and cook for about 10 seconds on another side.
- Repeat the steps for the rest of the batter. Serve it with Blueberry-Orange whip cream.
- In a stand mixer, whip cream, sugar, vanilla extract, orange juice, and orange zest until it becomes stiff.
- Fold blueberries gently into the whipped cream.
- Spread the filling on each crepe and fold. Top it off with extra filling and blueberries.